This variant is currently sold out
This solid brass safety razor by Well Kept is the lifetime razor of your dreams.
3 reasons to make the switch:
- Superior shave with reduced irritation
- Zero-waste alternative to plastic cartridge razors
- More cost effective in the long run- replacement blades cost cents rather than dollars, and are recyclable
With its single blade, it's more precise and needs only to be run over your skin once rather than numerous times, which reduces irritation. We've been conditioned to think the more blades the better but this simply isn't true.
If that's not enough, this razor pairs perfectly with our best-selling Lowlands Body Oil, allowing you to shave and moisturize simultaneously.
Don't forget a pack of refill blades here.
This product is intended for shaving only, we do not take any responsibility for injury or harm caused by use (or misuse) of this product. Keep out of children's reach.
MANUFACTURED IN CANADA | ZERO WASTE | PLASTIC FREE | RECYCLABLE BLADES
Nervous about switching to a safety razor? Follow the helpful usage tips below.
HOW TO SHAVE WITH A SAFETY RAZOR
1. Take your time.
2. Steam + exfoliate.
3. Apply Lowlands Body Oil or one of our bar soaps, rinsing your hands after to get a good grip on the razor.
4. DON'T APPLY ANY PRESSURE. These solid brass razors have a beautiful weight to them. This means that all you have to do is gently glide the razor over your skin and let its weight apply the pressure for you. You'll find out what works best for you in terms of how you hold the razor, but we suggest positioning it at a 30 degree angle or less.
5. Go with the grain. At least to start! Depending how close you get on your first pass, you can do a second pass with the grain, across the grain, or against the grain. It all depends on the area you're shaving.
6. Keep your razor clean. Every few passes, rinse your razor head to remove build-up of hair, oil, etc.
7. Keep the blade sharp. We're all guilty of not changing our blades often enough, but as of now you need to change that! Keeping your razor blade sharp is INTEGRAL to avoiding razor burn and ingrown hairs. Pick up extra razor blades here.
Traditional double edge safety razor
90mm brass handle
Comes with one double edge platinum blade
Blade refills are recyclable, available here.
Like many others I was nervous to make the switch to the safety razor, but have found it surprisingly easy to use after the first one or two tries. It gives a good shave a looks a lot better ok the shelf than my old.plastoc razor, and is obviously much more environmentally friendly.
I was a little bit worried about changing over to a safety razor, but I would recommend this to anyone! as someone without sensitive skin its probably easier for me to say that, but ive only experienced 2-3 cuts in the 6 months ive used it so far and thats just by getting to know the tool, or when im rushing. ive also not changed the razor yet and its still very sharp!
This razor is such a dream! I’ll be honest, before I got it I was a bit scared of the risk of cutting myself as I had never tried a straight razor before. However, it only took one use to squash my fears. The razor has amazing weight to it so you don’t need to push down, the weight of the razor does all the work and all you have to do is slowly glide it over your skin. Legs, pits, and bikini area, it does it all! Just slow down and enjoy the process. The blades are so much cheaper than the Mach 3’s I’ve been buying for years, you can recycle them, there’s 0 plastic involved, and not to mention the razor itself is really beautiful! I would highly recommend you make the switch to this straight razor, I’m super happy I did 🪒 !
As someone who is always striving to find the most functional, sustainable, and beautiful options for everything in my home, I was thrilled to score this safety razor. Admittedly at first I was a little scared and overly cautious for a couple of uses. But then my wood shop teachers words came into my head "respect the tool, don't fear it" and I was more confident with each use. After having the razor for a few weeks, here are my thoughts: its very well made and properly weighted so it flows naturally over any contour the same way any disposable razor would but with even less effort. The handle has great grip so I never feel like its going to slip from my hands. Its easy to clean and change the blade, and has great instructions that come with. I have not experienced any cuts or razor burn (I use sweet birch soap and that's it to shave).
I would highly recommend you get yourself this razor, super happy I did!!
I was so excited to finally find a razor that is sustainable, effective, AND beautiful to look at! This was my first time using this kind of razor and I was pleasantly surprised that the learning curve was more than manageable- I got the hang of it right away. The weight of the razor makes using it intuitive and the shave is close and neat. The single razor also helps make for a mindful shaving experience. It is so well made and it feels so good to know that this is actually ZERO-waste! Now I just need to find a nice pedestal for it to rest on while not in use- it is a thing of beauty!